Thursday, March 26, 2009

Caltechazi!


So I was invited to a webinar being given by Caltech tonight. A general, "this is what we are all about" kind of thing. Should be fun. It starts in an hour. I will certainly update as the webinar progresses. I hope to learn what the chances are of a thirty-six year old transfer student being accepted lol. You know, you go to their website and see all these teenagers working on their bachelors and think, "wow. will I actually be able to compete with these fresh-faced wunderkinds?" I think so. And if all else fails, I can continue my graduate work at NM Tech- I'm sure I'll have no problem gaining admission there. I still have a perfect GPA and plan to keep it for as long as possible. Plus, I think my determination is a big benefit and will be a major factor in their decision. Well, the gotoweb site says I need to be running Windows (blah) so I'd better boot it up. Stay tuned!

OK, well, I have been logged into the webinar for twenty-one minutes now, and am still waiting for the organizer to log in. I am NOT impressed so far. It was supposed to start at 8pm. I logged in at 8pm. I'm sure most of the other people who were invited also logged in at 8pm. Meh. I'll give them another fifteen minutes, then I'll just finish watching Battlestar Galactica on Hulu. Meh.

Well turns out that it started an hour later than stated. Decent presentation, but they did not answer my question about transfer students, and honestly told me no more than I could have learned from the website. But I got to listen to the Caltech jazz band for an hour! Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have an opinion? Tell me what you think!