Monday, July 6, 2009

Install Flash 10 Plugin on Your Linux System

I was trying to install the latest Flash player from Adobe on my Ubuntu Jaunty release, and kept getting the error, Error: Wrong architecture 'i386'. Apparently, they do not offer the 64 bit version for Linux yet, although I could have sworn that they released it. Anyways, thanks to this post on another blog, I was able to use a simple script to install it.

Simply open your terminal and type

wget http://queleimporta.com/downloads/flash10_en.sh

Make it executable with

sudo chmod +x flash10_en.sh

then run it

sudo sh ./flash10_en.sh

It's that simple. The script will close your browser, install the plugin, and you are done. Works like a charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have an opinion? Tell me what you think!