Saturday, November 26, 2011

Let's Have a War on Stupidity

I was reading a Reuters article about Pakistan standing up to NATO, when I noticed the phrase "war on militancy", which I guess is what we are calling our militant actions in Pakistan. Of course I immediately gave kudos to whichever Newspeak underling had the balls to coin that particular gem. Sad thing is, most Americans are too stupid to read something like that without wanting to rip their hair out at how fucking worthless humanity is. That is all.

EDIT: Well, since I read it yesterday, the article has actually been changed. A LOT. The phrase is no longer there, and the paragraph in which it appeared is on page 4 now instead of page 1. The paragraph now reads:

Relations between the United States and Pakistan were strained by the killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden by U.S. special forces in Pakistan in May, which Pakistan called a flagrant violation of sovereignty.

I did Zotero it yesterday, when it read:

Relations between the United States and Pakistan, its ally in the war on militancy, have been strained following the killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden by U.S. special forces in a raid on the Pakistani garrison town of Abbottabad in May, which Pakistan called a flagrant violation of sovereignty.


You know, I've been noticing that news articles on the internet are often edited after they are posted, and not just for accuracy. There is a serious problem when news is so easily and silently changed. Remember how the Soviets used to just airbrush executed officials out of pictures? Who? Never heard of the guy. See? Damn I hate the MSM. So from now on I'm gonna screenshotty every damned article in which I notice anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have an opinion? Tell me what you think!