Sunday, December 11, 2011

Facebook Stole My Friends!

I deleted my Facebook account a few months ago. I won't go into the ten hours of hassle that entailed, but I didn't just 'deactivate' the account, I deleted it. Went through and hand deleted every post, picture, comment, page, note, and "like" that I had ever made, as is required by those pigdog assholes before they will actually delete your account. I gave everyone plenty of warning. Told everyone that if they wanted to keep in contact, to please give me their email address. Told them that I would be committing Facebook suicide and that they would never see me on that marketer's wet dream again. Nobody gave me their emails, and nobody even seemed to care. Guess they thought it was a big joke. I mean, after all, who would actually do such a crazy thing as delete their Facebook roflmaomglol??

Well, I did. And now I have no friends. I realize that most of the "friends" I had on FB were not friends at all, but I even lost my actual, real friends. One friend that I have had for years, emailed me a couple of times. Said that she hadn't forgotten about me and would keep in touch. That was months ago. People act like I am dead now. My sister won't talk to me. She has a Twitter, so I Tweeted her and asked for her email and those of my other siblings so I could send them Christmas cards. Haven't heard back from her, and I know from her Tweets that she has been online and must have seen my request. But it's as though she is angry at me and refuses to speak to me. Seriously? Just because I left Facebook? Yeah.

I don't know if it's that people think it's too much of a pain in the ass to send an email, which is sooo '90s, or whether they feel as though I'm no longer "one of them. One of them," or what, but wow. Just wow. But I can guarantee that every one of them are logged into Facebook even as we speak. Telling the world that they just had a nice chicken salad sandwich or some shit. But I'm not on there to "like" that fact, so fuck me. It is absolutely amazing how brainwashed that site has everyone. Oh well, whether I have friends and family anymore or not, I really don't care. I'm free of the Facebook trap, and I have so much more time to study, read a book, or just think now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have an opinion? Tell me what you think!