Friday, April 10, 2015

No, I don't want to buy Twitter followers from you.

I'm annoyed by these Twitter accounts that offer to sell or somehow increase your number of Twitter followers. For one thing, I hate that it seems the only reason for social media now seems to be marketing. I use social media for fun, and if I ever do decide to promote anything on Twitter for marketing purposes, I like to think that my product or service will stand on its own merits, and people who enjoy that product will promote it because it is useful or entertaining. I understand "marketing reach" and other crap that those in the business of business use, but to me it's just that- crap.

The products I use on a regular basis have been around for a long time, and I've never seen an advert for them. This is because the quality of the products speaks for them, and people who use the products recommend them to others. Good old fashioned word of mouth. Incidentally, those unadvertised products are much cheaper than others, due to the lack of added marketing costs. They are often also much healthier. It seems food products that are heavily advertised are usually laden with unhealthy, unnatural ingredients.

So no, I don't want to buy followers. I'm not that desperate for attention, and if I have anything to sell, it will be worth buying and will sell itself. This might lose me some temporary exposure, but will gain me loyal followers who genuinely enjoy and appreciate what I have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have an opinion? Tell me what you think!